Everyday Mom's Meals: Just A Little Zip
_____

Friday, February 22, 2013

Just A Little Zip

So officially, party season seems to be over for a while. The holidays are well over. The New Year has come and gone. The Super Bowl has it's victor. I guess if I was a "glass half empty" kinda person I could look at this and be more than a little depressed. Especially since I have something to share that is the perfect party food. It's easy, with only 3 ingredients. It cooks in the Crock Pot on your time schedule. It's a great finger food. All of these scream party! But I refuse to be boxed in like this. I say...let this become a main dish any night of the week. I say, we can party any time we want to...rather we have a reason or not!

If you enjoy my Cocktail Sausages, then this is right up your alley too. In fact Mr. Everyday said that's exactly what it reminded him of, only in a dinner size portion. And what did Alex think? Well, his reaction is what inspired the title of this post. He took his first bite and said "Mommy...it's sweet with just a little zip." He's exactly right! It's the perfect combination of the two, hitting all of your taste buds in exactly the right places.

A great dinner idea, yes it is. A fantastic party food, yep it's that too. Heck, I know there are plenty of birthdays, anniversaries, workplace pot-lucks, etc this recipe would be perfect for. Plus, graduation party season is just around the corner!

Crock Pot Glazed Kielbasa
2 lbs. kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 c. packed brown sugar
3 TBS spicy brown mustard

Combine brown sugar and mustard in bottom of Crock Pot. Add kielbasa. Stir to coat. Cook on LOW for 3 hours. Stir before serving.
*NOTE* The one inch size is the perfect meal size. If I were doing these for a party I would cut them in 1/2" and have a bowl of toothpicks sitting next to them!






Shared on The Country Cook Feb. 22, 2013
Shared on Make Ahead Meals Feb. 25, 2013


3 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds yum and so easy! Any particular flavor of kielbasa?

Krista said...

Hi Dana! Thanks for stopping by. I used Polish Kielbasa, besides that, I no other specific flavor :) I really think it would be great on any kind, maybe even turkey polish sausage!

Mary Beth said...

I am happy I found your page. Southern Bite recommended you. :)