Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Bekki}
_____

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Bekki}

Happy Saturday everyone. Today I have a real treat for you! I have an EMM fan here to share a yummy recipe with us. I love when my fans want to guest blog for me b/c I think it's a great way for those who would love to blog but can't full time to get just a little taste for it, all while helping me out and sharing w/ all of you! Remember, if you are ever interested in doing this also, I'm always looking for guests! Please welcome Bekki to EMM and enjoy your weekend!


Hello EMM fans I am Bekki Wilson-Smith. I want to thank Ms. Krista for the opportunity to spend some time with all of you and share a yummy recipe I love.


I am married to my wonderful husband Josh, have a beautiful 12 year old step daughter Amy and 2 furbaby sweethearts Minnie and Shadow. I am a self taught baker/cook. I taught Wilton cake decorating for a while, worked in a grocery store bakery and have even spent time baking wedding/birthday cakes as a hobby on the side. My love for cooking has been since childhood. Spending time with my mother, aunts, and grandmothers. Aiding in their recipes or just being there for the conversation. Its always been a source of calm, peace, and ultimate fulfillment. The idea that you add your love to each recipe and share it with the people you care about is such an amazing blessing to me in more ways then I can ever put on paper. I have decided writing a cookbook was something I could do to share my love of food with family, friends, and whomever else comes my way. I hope your day is blessed with all your favorite things

 
This recipe evolved from a demo I saw Katie Brown do on her show Katie Brown’s workshop. I absolutely love caramel popcorn and rice crispy treats. This recipe is a happy marriage of the two of them. How could that be bad right?!? The measurements came after making the recipe by eyeball measuring. Which I’m certain I am not the only one having to stop and actually grab measuring spoons when making a recipe in order to have “actual” measurements. I took the first batch to a church function and got raved reviews. So again for Easter morning breakfast I had to add this recipe to the table once again. With a huge applause. So here it is… In all its glory!
Enjoy!

Caramel Popcorn Treats
3 tbs. butter or margarine
1 10oz. Package marshmallows
3 packages butter lovers’ microwave popcorn
½ c. mini chocolate chips
¼ c butterscotch chips
Caramel sauce for drizzling
Cooking spray for lining pan

1. Follow package directions to pop microwave popcorn.
  *Note*: To ensure you get no unpopped kernels in your dish; Allow popcorn to cool slightly. Before opening shake bag to allow kernels to fall to the bottom of bag. Tilt bag to the side and slowly drop kernels into another bowl.
2. In a large saucepan or medium stockpot melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add popcorn and stir until well coated.
4. With a buttered spatula evenly press mixture into a 9x13x2 pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray.
5. Sprinkle chocolate and butterscotch chips over the top.
6. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top as desired. *a little extra is always great
*Note* : I used the one made for caramel milk, because of the ease of the squeeze bottle.

Cool completely and cut in desired size squares 


Pin It

No comments: