Everyday Mom's Meals: Sunday Sandwich
_____

Friday, April 27, 2012

Sunday Sandwich

I don't know how Sundays work in your house, but here is how they are in ours~ BUSY!! As our lives have gotten busier and busier, Sundays seem to be the day we play catch up on everything and anything. From work outside, to tidying up the house to preparing for the upcoming school/work week, I can't really say Sundays are too relaxing for us. Growing up Sundays meant three things in our house. 1. Church in the morning. 2. A big homemade lunch and 3. A "fend for yourself" supper. Mom figured if she took the effort and time to "tear down" at the noon hour, supper could be whatever you wanted, whatever you could find, and usually eaten in front of the television. There were many grilled cheese eaten for supper on Sundays at our house! Well, as much as I love traditions from when I was younger, for our family church happens on Saturday evenings, that big meal is something I plan for supper and the "whatever you can find" concept is applied towards lunch. The noon meal is when I take the opportunity to clean out the fridge, use up leftovers, and whatever I can find is what we are eating! That was the case when I came up w/ this sandwich. Alex was eating some leftovers he had brought home from a restaurant, Adam was happily fed, and it was time for me to find something. I stood in front of the fridge and scanned the shelves. In my mind something started to develop and I knew exactly what I could make. I love when something  yummy comes together so easily w/o much effort~especially on a day when I am busy catching up on so many things!!!

Spicy Egg-wich
Makes 4 Sandwiches
4 English muffins, toasted
4 eggs
8 slices precooked bacon
4 slices pepper jack cheese
Cooking Spray
Salt and Pepper to taste
Tabasco Sauce, to taste

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray w/ cooking spray. Crack 4 eggs into skillet, season w/ salt and pepper and add  hot sauce, to taste, to each. Cook on first side until whites are done, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip and using a spatula, break yolk. Continue frying on second side until eggs are over hard, about 3-4 minutes. Add one slice of cheese to each egg. Cover w/ lid and allow cheese to melt.  In another COLD skillet, place precooked bacon. Turn heat on low and fry for 2 minutes or until crisp. Drain on a paper towel. On the bottom slice of each muffin, place egg w/ cheese. Top w/ 2 slices of bacon per sandwich. Top w/ other half of muffin.
*NOTE* I use precooked bacon b/c I like the fact it stays flat for sandwiches. I always have a package in my fridge. Feel free to use "fresh" bacon.



Shared on The Country Cook Apr. 27, 2012
Shared on Make Ahead Meals Apr. 30, 2012
Breakfast at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

No comments: