Everyday Mom's Meals: I See A Pattern
_____

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I See A Pattern

Upon sharing yet another chicken recipe w/ you last week I declared it acceptable b/c we can all use more and more recipe for everyone's favorite poultry. Well, here I am again typing a post about chicken. I would say I am sorry (and if you are bored by this, I truly am) but I think we all find ourselves opening the freezer, pulling out a package of chicken and deciding later what to do w/ it. It's too simple not to. However, this recipe didn't come about b/c of me wanting to use chicken again, it happened b/c I have a bottle of Balsamic Vinegar in the cupboard I need to use up! I've been making a marinade for chicken out of lemon, olive oil, and garlic for years now so I decided why not just build on that?  Sounded like a good idea to me; and oh it was. After marinating all day, the acid in the vinegar and lemon began to break down the protein in the chicken to the point that after it was cooked you could cut it w/ a fork it was so tender. Not to mention moist with juices running out of it! Now I have something new to use that bottle of vinegar for, and just in time for grilling season. How convenient!

Balsamic Lemon Chicken
1 1/2-2 lbs. chicken tenders, or your choice
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 TBS dried basil
2 garlic cloves minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dried Parsley for garnish

In a large bowl, place thawed chicken pieces. Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium. Spray w/ nonstick spray. Place chicken on grill and cook until juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side. Garnish w/ dried parsley.
*NOTE* I am sure if this was used on chicken w/ skin it would get much more brown and crisp. It would also be wonderful cooked in the oven, or stove top. 


Chicken at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

1 comment:

raquel@eRecipe.com said...

I have 1 kg of chicken on my fridge that i don't know what to do. Usually I only fry it whenever I have no idea on what to prepare and thanks for this recipe looks tasty easy to prepare.