Everyday Mom's Meals: Spicy Little Slider
_____

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spicy Little Slider

Sometimes you can make a dish for years and then all of a sudden decide the smallest change would make it even better. It can be the easiest difference that takes almost no effort at all resulting in something new and improved. That is the case in this sandwich. I've been making these for a few years now b/c we love buffalo wings, but I don't like the mess. I'm not one of those foodies who enjoy buffalo sauce dripping off my chin, coating my hands and basically making a huge mess. Even when we order wings out, Adam usually goes for traditional while I'm more of a boneless type. These give me all the same flavors w/ the added convenience of a bun! But until now, these have been "full size". Then one day the word "slider" crossed my mind and it was like a light bulb going off. Why not? I make other versions of sliders. So why not try these in mini form? They are great for dinner, but ready for a party in no time. A tray of these, some veggies on the side and it's a meal in less time than it takes to order wings for delivery! We love this version even more than the "big" ones and I'm so glad I decided to put them in my shrinking machine for mini goodness!

Buffalo Chicken Sliders
4 c. cooked shredded chicken
1 (12oz) bottle bottle Frank's Red Hot Sauce
2 TBS butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Slider Buns
Blue Cheese Dressing (See below for a great version)
Blue Cheese Crumbles, optional

For Chicken
Place one package of boneless chicken tenders on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle w/ olive oil, season w/ salt and pepper. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Cool and shred. For my method, click here.


Blue Cheese Dressing/Dip

3 oz. crumbed blue cheese
3/4 c. mayo
6 TBS sour cream
1 1/2 TBS cider vinegar
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix all together and chill well.

In a large skillet on medium heat, melt butter. Add shredded chicken and saute until edges are brown and a tad crisp. Stir in hot sauce, to taste and season w/ salt and pepper. (I use the entire bottle and it's the perfect heat amount). Heat until warmed through. Spread dressing on each side of bun. Top w/ chicken. Add crumbles to top.



Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Mar. 14, 2012
Shared on Newlyweds Blog Mar. 14, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Mar. 15, 2012
Shared on It's a Keeper Mar. 15, 2012
Shared on Around My Family Table Mar. 16, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook Mar. 16, 2012 
Shared on Make Ahead Meals Mar. 19, 2012

1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

These are great sliders Krista, we would really enjoy them. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Miz Helen