Everyday Mom's Meals: Everyone Can Use
_____

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Everyone Can Use

A lot of things, to be quite frank. But in this case I'm talking about another chicken recipe. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is :) I've talked before about how I have been limited to only preparing it one time per week b/c, well, to be truthful, when we first got married I had my husband eating it 4 and 5 times a week. Sorry honey, I like chicken! But now I have more of a wide variety of choices to offer my very understanding hubby. But..........well, sometimes I just can't resist; and when I see a recipe that is new, and looks DELICIOUS I'm going to make it and he'll like it!! (There, I've put my foot down. Lol) Truthfully though, I don't think you can ever have too many chicken ideas in your recipe box b/c it's a staple in most of our diets. I came across this on a fellow blog and friend, Mia's Domain and was so excited to try it out. I know one reason why it is SO flavorful is sitting in the fridge overnight getting "all happy" in the marinade (yep, she's genius that way). So, thanks to foodie friends I am adding even more chicken to our meal plans.....I know my husband can hardly wait!!

Lemon Yogurt Baked Chicken From Mia's Domain


6 chicken drumsticks ( Mia's recipe calls for a whole chicken. I used these since it's just 3 of us)
1 c. Greek yogurt
1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, grated
1 large lemon, juiced
1 tsp paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Reserve 3 TBS of marinade to use while cooking. Place chicken in a 9x13 pan and coat liberally w/ marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove chicken 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 450. Bake chicken for about 35 minutes, turning and basting half way through. Bake until crispy and brown.


Pin It

3 comments:

Jenny Eatwell said...

You're right, this does sound good! I'm always in the market for another chicken recipe, as quite apart from anything else, loads of chicken recipes can be adapted for use with other meats - pork, for instance. :)

Lesa @Edesia's Notebook said...

Looks good! I'm always looking for chicken drumstick recipes because my grocery store quite often puts them on sale for 88 cents a lb. Can't beat that! Thanks for posting.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

I just started cooking with Greek yogurt recently. Really adds a tang. And never enough chicken recipes. Seems to be the only meat that really goes on sale, and goes on sale regularly.