Everyday Mom's Meals: Blogger Conversations
_____

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blogger Conversations

Sometimes I wonder what we all did before "www" was part of our everyday language. Yes, we had telephones and *gasp*, letter writing, but how did we manage w/o instant responses to questions, conversations that included loved ones and strangers alike, sometimes from across the world, and almost every move we make able to be shared in the blink of an eye???!!! I realize the cyber world isn't always a good thing, but for me it's become a way to connect w/ people about food in a way I could have never imagined, so I'll take the good w/ the bad and be thankful for the opportunity. The other day we (as in myself, my fellow blogger Brandie @ The Country Cook and fans) were swapping Olive Garden recipes on Facebook. We were relishing in the fact that we could now make their wonderful salad at home, and thanks to a recipe Brandie had come up w/ their bread sticks too. During this yummy talk, a fan asked me if I could find a recipe for their Stuffed Mushrooms. Not being one to disappoint, I immediately started scouring the Internet for a copy cat version. I found this one at Food.com, changed just a couple of things to fit my pantry and our likes (the notes will be in the recipe) and was happy to oblige. I've never had the original, so as I told the fan, this is a "blind taste test" since I have nothing to compare it too, but we love a good stuffed mushroom in this house. Fungi are our friends :) All of this b/c of a conversation that started about salad and bread sticks! Our ovens and stoves unite us all!

Stuffed Mushrooms (Copy Cat Version from Olive Garden)

8-12 fresh mushrooms
1 6 oz. can clams, drained and finely minced-- save 1/4 c. juice
1 green onion, finely minced
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs
1 tsp oregano leaves
1 TBS butter, melted and cooled
2 TBS finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 TBS finely grated Romano cheese ( I used 3 TBS Parmesan total to substitute for Romano)
1/4 c. plus 2 TBS finely grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. melted butter
fresh parsley for garnish ( I omitted this)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil a small baking dish. Gently wash and stem the mushrooms. Pat dry. Combine clams, onions, garlic salt, minced garlic, butter and oregano in a bowl and mix well. Add bread crumbs, egg, clam juice and mix well. Add Parmesan, Romano and 2 TBS mozzarella to stuffing and mix well. Place 1 1/2 tsp of stuffing inside each mushroom and slightly mound. (This should stuff 8-12 depending on size.) Place in baking dish and pour 1/4 c. melted butter over top. Cover and bake 35-40 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle 1/4 c. mozzarella on top and put back in oven until cheese slightly melted. Garnish w/ parsley, if using and serve hot.


Shared on Make Ahead Meals Aug. 28, 2011
Shared on Home Savvy A to Z Aug. 28, 2011
Shared on Jam Hands Aug. 29, 2011
Shared on Sweetology Aug. 30, 2011
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Aug. 30, 2011
Shared on Naptime Creations Aug. 30, 2011
Shared on Hugs & Cookies Aug. 30, 2011

Pin It

7 comments:

Lesa @Edesia's Notebook said...

Looks good. I made a copycat version of their chicken and gnocchi soup: http://edesiasnotebook.blogspot.com/2010/03/olive-gardens-chicken-and-gnocchi-soup.html Sounds like we could have a linky party with copycat OG recipes!

I'll definitely have to try the salad and breadsticks. We love OG!

Krista said...

Ha! I also have a copycat recipe for their Zuppa Toscana soup--my favorite!! Lol

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

I am (in) famously cheap... I can do wonders with the cost of that family dinner at Olive garden... Love eating out, but very rarely!

Fun hobby ain;t it.

Your post reminded me of when i was 12-16. I had a pen pal in the Netherlands that i played chess with... one letter about every two weeks one move. Took us 3 years to finish.

Michelle said...

So true, Krista! I haven't ever tasted them, either, as I don't like clams but as a former Olive Garden waitress, yours look to be an exact match! Does that count?

Michelle
http://michellesdinnerbell.blogspot.com/

DANIELLE said...

I AM DROOOOOLING!!!!!!!

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

What a great post! Isn't it amazing what the internet has done for communication... and you are right, there is good and bad. :) Well, I think the mushrooms born from that conversation look nothing but GOOD and I am excited to try this recipe! Thank you so much for linking your post up at Savvy HomeMade Monday, EMM!

Unknown said...

ok, all I have to say is yum and yum again...huge mushroomie FAN here!

Tea Party Tuesday link up is open again, would love to have you back! http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/2011/09/tea-party-tuesday-tea-party-sweets.html

THANKS!